It is used to play TZX files (games and apps) from a MicroSD card through an audio cable into where the tape deck would normally plugin thus eliminating the need for a 30-year-old tape deck. Its a play only function so no
record feature. You can still record using conventional methods though. Simply find your favourite game or app in TZX or TAP file format, copy it to the sd card and the rest is straight forward. While it was designed
for a 48K+ and a version for the 128K Toastrack the standalone version can work with any spectrum. And for those that have built-in cassette we sell a cassette converter for the standalone version.
If you are interested in buying one email me: email@example.com
If you opt for it we provide an audio cable and powerspliiter or a USB cable but you will need a power source for the USB. Any will do since it doesn’t require a great deal of power to run. When purchasing a microSD
card do not get a cheap or a super-fast one like a class 10 card. Be careful when using the powersplitter. Make sure if you are using an old non-regulated PSU to plug in the Spectrum first. Never plug in the ZXuiTape
into a non-regulated PSU by its self. This may cause the PSU to blow. There are different options :
1) for the 48K+ (USB+audio) £34.99
2) for the 48K+ (no cable) £32.99
3) for the 48K+ (Powersplitter+audio) £39.99
4) for the 48K+ (no cables) £37.99
5) for the 128K toastrack (Powersplitter+audio) £41.99
6) for the 128K toastrack (no audio cable) £39.99
7) for any other model (USB+audio) called Baby ZXuiTape £32.99
8) for any other model (no cables) called Baby ZXuiTape £29.99
9) for any other model (USB + tape converter) called Baby ZXuiTape £33..49
Price includes shipping to UK. Please request quote for outside of the UK.
Watch this demo video > CLICK HERE <
Whilst I developed the PCB and the Case the credits for the firmware go to Duncan Edwards and Andrew Beer who developed the TZXduino firmware.
I developed the TZXduino-Uploader app found > HERE <